To help you do this, we’ve written easy-to-follow steps on how to write a resume. Before we get into the steps it should be noted that there is no certified way to write one. There are some who insist otherwise, but even certified professional resume writers will admit that, “a guiding principle of the résumé writing profession is that there are no hard and fast rules.” With that being said, below are some tips and guidelines to help you write one that best presents your career goals.
Step :A Choose 1 Formats From 3 Formats
• Reverse-Chronological – is flexible and can be used for applicants with any level of experience.
• Functional –Suitable for an expert level of experience.
Combination– A great deal of experience in a particular industry.
Each format has their own advantages and disadvantages
Step :B The Order of Information
1) Contact Information
• Full Name
• Contact Number
• E-mail Address
• LinkedIn Profile
2) Choose a Resume Introduction
• Qualifications Summary
• Career Objective
• Professional Profile
3) Professional Experience
• The names of your university & college
• Location of the schools
• Date of graduation (month, year)
5) Additional Sections
• Academic Honors
• Volunteer positions
• Professional Affiliations
C) Technical Skills
Step C: Style your Resume
• Number of Pages
• Font and Sizing Dos and Don’ts